Irish Flag Raising & The Great Birmingham Irish Toast
Thursday March 9th, 2017 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
You are cordially invited to attend the Five Points South St. Patrick's Celebration "Annual Irish Flag Raising and The Great Birmingham Irish Toast on Thursday March 9th , 2017.
The ceremony starts at Chick-Fil-A flag pole in Five Points South and will be led by the Birmingham Irish Cultural Society. This event is an opportunity to pay tribute to this years Parade Marshall and to kick-off the St. Patrick's Parade Day weekend. The ceremony will include a pipe and drum performance, the UAB ROTC, the announcement of this years parade marshall and an Irish blessing from the local Irish community.
Following the flag raising, a procession lead by pipes and drums will take the crowd over to Buck Mulligan's for The Great Birmingham Irish Toast with $4.00 Guinness pints and $4.00 Tullamore Dew shots, toast will be lead by Birmingham Irish Society President Marty Connors. As we try to gather the most people together for Birmingham's LARGEST St. Patrick's toast.
Stay around after the toast for dinner, Buck Mulligan's will have their full dinner menu available.
Irish Flag Raising Ceremony Program - 5:30pm to 6pm
- Opening remarks from Five Points South St. Patrick’s Celebration organizer [3min]
- Announcement of the Parade Marshall & presenting of the parade sash by The Birmingham Irish Cultural Society [3min]
- Remarks from Parade Marshall [5min]
- Irish flag raising with UAB ROTC and bagpiper Ryan Morrison [5min]
- Irish Blessing [5min]
- Closing Remarks [2min]
Irish The Great Birmingham Irish Toast - 6pm to 7:30pm
- Procession to Buck Mulligans [10min]
- Public buys/grabs a pint and shot [10min]
- Toast lead by Birmingham Irish Cultural Society President [5min]
- Grad dinner and drink [6:30pm to 7:30pm]
Eat, Drink and Be Green in Five Points South